The high mileage timing belt kit includes extra components and hardware that typically are worn or need replacing, but aren't part of the normal timing belt replacement interval.
We have limited quantity of INA kits with Gates belts available. Select INA/Gates in the drop-down below to receive this special option.
The timing belt kit includes the complete, 100K mile, timing belt kit, that includes:
- OES Timing Belt (Gates, Contitech - choose below)
- Timing Belt Tensioner from Litens
- Small Top Roller
- Small Bottom Roller
- Large Idler Roller (100k version with larger bearing)
- Serpentine Belt from Contitech
- Water Pump w/ metal impeller
- Camshaft Seal (spring type for easier installation)
- OEM Vacuum Pump Seal
- IDParts Timing Belt Bolt Kit w/ OE VW Bolts
As with the standard timing belt kit, all the timing belt components are warrantied for 100,000 miles.
The high mileage kit adds:
- Injection Pump Sprocket Bolts
- Harmonic Balancer Bolts
- Tensioner and Roller Studs
- Front Crankshaft Seal and Bolt
- Serpentine Belt Tensioner Shock or optional complete Serpentine Belt Tensioner
- Intake Manifold Gasket & Intake Manifold Bolts (for cleaning)
- IDParts Thermostat Replacement Kit w/ locking thermostat & housing for easy installation
Other commonly replaced items during services are available as checkboxes below. These include:
- Engine mount bracket (bracket threads strip with multiple timing belt changes, bolts are already included with the kit)
- Camshaft Sprocket - a pattern has emerged of these sprockets failing to hold after the third timing belt. We strongly recommend replacing yours at the 3rd belt job.
- Alternator pulley (alternator pulleys fail frequently and cause the serpentine belt tensioner to fail. If you've not replaced your pulley for the last 100K this is a good time to do it)
- Hard coolant pipe o-ring (on the front of the block, these leak with age)
- Oil cooler gaskets (these also leak with age)
- Complete engine mount set with hardware. Mounts are usually worn by 200K, so if you haven't replaced them yet this is good opportunity
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Style:
Hard Coolant Pipe o-ring (+$2.19)
Oil Cooler Gaskets (+$3.09)
Alternator Pulley (+$39.95)
Camshaft Sprocket (+$85.00)
Select Vehicle to Check Fitment
- Golf TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1999-2003)
- Jetta TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1999-2003)
- Jetta Wagon TDI (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (2002-2003)
- New Beetle TDI (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1998-2003)
IDParts Expert Kits are made for the expert DIY'er or professional. Containing all the parts needed to get the job done, these kits are custom assembled by IDParts using the highest quality components from manufacturers around the world.