Timing belt kit for A4 (98+ New Beetle, 99.5+ Jetta/Golf) with ALH engine. This is a complete kit comprised of OE quality parts by the best manufacturers. It includes all the timing belt components and more and will update your car to a 100K timing belt replacement interval.
- OES Timing Belt (Gates, Dayco, Contitech - choose below)
- Litens tensioner
- Continental Serpentine Belt (upgrades: Gates "Green Stripe" belt or full serpentine kit with belt, tensioner and roller)
- Geba Water Pump with Metal Impeller
- Camshaft Seal
- Vacuum Pump Seal
- Top Small Roller
- Bottom Small Roller
- Large Idler Roller (100k version with larger bearing)
You will also receive a timing belt bolt kit that covers all one-time use bolts that must be removed when replacing the timing belt and associated hardware, which now includes shouldered lock-nuts for the tensioner and roller as well as water pump bolts.
- 2 Mount to Body Bolts
- 2 Mount to Engine Bracket Bolts
- All 3 engine bracket to block bolts
- 2 Small Bolts for the Stabilizing Bracket on the mount top
- Bolt for Large Roller
- Bolt for Top Small Roller
- 2 new nuts for the tensioner and small lower roller
New studs for the timing belt tensioner and lower roller.
Four harmonic balancer bolts are also available as an option if needed. Please note these bolts are marked as "one time use only" and often round-out when being removed, so we strong recommend adding them to your order.
Injection pump sprocket bolts, are also an option in the kit. The factory bolts were green in color and one-time use. The replacement bolts are gold in color and the gold colored bolts can be reused multiple times.
Coolant is available at a substantial discount when adding it as an option below.
Other Things To Consider
As the ALH engines increase in miles we have seen a few cases of camshaft sprockets that have developed fatigue cracks on the inside where it mates to the camshaft. If the sprocket is fatigued it may not be able to hold the friction fit to the taper of the camshaft and may slip, causing valve-piston contact. If you are at or above 300k miles we strongly recommend purchasing a new camshaft sprocket as well.
Harmonic Balancer Bolts (+$6.00)
Pump Sprocket Bolts (+$2.25)
Tensioner Stud (+$4.00)
Roller Stud (+$1.50)
Select Vehicle to Check Fitment
- Golf TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1999-2003)
- Jetta TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1999-2003)
- Jetta Wagon TDI (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (2002-2003)
- New Beetle TDI (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1998-2003)
IDParts Expert Kits are made for the expert DIY'er or professional. Containing all the parts needed to get the job done, these kits are custom assembled by IDParts using the highest quality components from manufacturers around the world.
Good kit. Everything was right. ...
Just passed 500k miles - 300k of them on IDParts TB kits! Getting one more and hoping for 600! ...