OE Part Number: 1J0615601C/1J0698451M|
We've put together the best OE replacement and upgrade brake products available into a set for the rear of your MkIV Golf TDI, Jetta TDI, or New Beetle TDI.
One set will replace pads and rotors on both rear wheels.
There are three rotor options available:
- Fremax High Carbon - the default rotors on this kit are our highest recommended rotor too. The high carbon formula resists warping and dissipates heat much more quickly than traditional rotors. Painted on the non-contact surfaces
- Brembo - world-renowned leader in brakes
- Zimmerman Z-Coat - Z-Coat plating over the entire rotor, Zimmerman rotors have always been at the top of the aftermarket
By default, this kit comes with IDParts OE-Spec pads, but new style ceramic pads are also available, among others. The full set of brake pad options include:
- IDParts OE-Spec - made to match the performance and longevity of the OE factory pads.
- IDParts Ceramic - new ceramic material lasts longer and doesn’t dust up wheels. Free carrier-clips included!
- Mintex - one of the most recognizable names in aftermarket brakes, makes a great all-around pad for a great price
- TRW - OEM on many VW models, traditional factory style material mimics factory pads perfectly.
- Akebono Ceramic - the ultimate in performance, Akebono is the market leader in high performance ceramic brake pads.
- IDParts Race - the highest friction pad we carry made up of a high carbon material. Best stopping power, but less life than traditional or ceramic pads. Free carrier-clips included!
For vehicles that are due for a brake fluid change as well, 2 liters of fluid will allow for a complete flush.
Please be aware that MkIV Jetta/Golf/New Beetle rear calipers must be "reset" when pushing the piston back into the caliper. Using a proper Rear Brake Tool is vital to this reset, otherwise the caliper and parking brake will be ruined.