OE Part Number: HEX-USB+CAN|
Manufacturer's Part Number: HUC
Intelligent Dual-K plus CAN <-> USB Interface.
- USB connector plugs into most modern laptops! (USB 1.1 or 2.0)
- Compatible with the latest cars which require a direct CAN connection for diagnostics including all Golf-5 platform cars and latest Audi A3, A6 and A8.
- Protocol timing indistinguishable from a real VAG/VAS tool. Works reliably even with "difficult" control modules such as the 1991-1994 1Z Audi TDIs and the 1993-1994 Audi 2.6L with Hella ECU.
- Built-In VAG-SAVER functionality -- instantly alerts the user if either the K/K1 line or the L/K2 line is shorted to Ground or Vbatt.
- Full support for dual-K lines found in "new" (B6/8E chassis Audi A4 and 2002+ Audi A6 -- no VAS-6017 required -- no manual switches!
- Fully backwards compatible with older cars using a single K-line or
K plus L.
- Bi-Color (red/green) status/activity LED
- 12 month guarantee against defects.
- This interface performs best with Windows-XP. It can be used with Windows 98, ME, or 2000, but performance may be somewhat degraded by using an OS other than Windows XP and compatibility with "difficult" control modules may be reduced.
Essential for any VW/Audi owner, the VAG-COM program allows you to perform the same advanced diagnostics as your dealer. That's why many dealer techs use the same tool instead of the much costlier VW version!
Be sure to check your laptop for the correct interface (serial or USB) before ordering. Please email if you are not sure which one you have, especially since many new laptops do not include serial ports. Older cars (pre-1996) will require the optional 2x2 adapter.