Many consider Bilstein's Heavy Duty Touring line to be among the best handling damper set for A4 chassis cars. These gas pressurized struts and shocks will raise your car slightly (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch) and dramatically firm the ride, improve steering response, and reduce suspension bottoming. The dampers have about 40 lbs of pressure, effectively increasing your spring rates. These are the dampers included in the Shine Real Street suspension setup.
The set includes 2 struts and 2 shocks. It does not include springs.
We strongly recommend replacing all strut and shock mounts when installing a new suspension. Worn front strut mounts can negatively affect alignment and handling as well as ride quality. Worn rear mounts can cause knocking/rattling noises as the shock is no longer held securely in a worn mount.
The front struts have built-in bump stops.
Front Strut Mounts (+$29.90)
Rear Shock Mounts (+$31.90)
Shock Bump Stops (+$35.95)
Installation Bolt Kit (+$29.95)
Select Vehicle to Check Fitment
On Order (ETA 10/19/2018)
- Golf TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1999-2003)
- Golf TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ BEW Engine (2004-2006)
- Jetta TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1999-2003)
- Jetta TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ BEW Engine (2004-2005)
- Jetta Wagon TDI (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (2002-2003)
- Jetta Wagon TDI (A4 chassis) w/ BEW Engine (2004-2006)
- New Beetle TDI (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1998-2003)
- New Beetle TDI (A4 chassis) w/ BEW Engine (2004-2006)
Bilstein is one of the premier providers of struts and shocks for both OE and aftermarket applications. With close to 150 years of suspension experience, Bilstein has continued to evolve and develop innovative suspension products to meet the changing times.