We've put together the best OE replacement and upgrade brake products available into a set for the front of your MkIV Golf TDI, Jetta TDI, or New Beetle TDI.
One set will replace pads and rotors on both front wheels.
- Fremax High Carbon - the default rotors on this kit are our highest recommended rotor too. The high carbon formula resists warping and dissipates heat much more quickly than traditional rotors. Painted on the non-contact surfaces
- Zimmermann Z-Coat - Z-Coat plating over the entire rotor, Zimmermann rotors have always been at the top of the aftermarket
By default, this kit comes with IDParts OE-Spec pads, but new style ceramic pads are also available, among others. The full set of brake pad options include:
- IDParts OE-Spec - made to match the performance and longevity of the OE factory pads.
- IDParts Ceramic - new generation ceramic material lasts up to 3x longer and doesn’t dust up wheels.
- Mintex - one of the most recognizable names in aftermarket brakes, makes a great all-around pad for a great price
- Jurid - another OEM supplier to VW, Jurid pads have great initial bite.
- Akebono - designed & formulated to address the needs of European car owners: optimal performance, cleanliness & rotor compatibility.
Please note: most of these brake pads have a built in wear sensor. The only brake pads that dont are the Mintex. Some early models were not equipped with this sensor. For these vehicles the wear sensor wire can simply be cut off and removed.
- New torx-head rotor screws. Repeated heat cycles weakens the metal of these screws, so we recommend replacing them whenever replacing rotors
- New Caps & sleeves - 2 set of caliper guide pin caps and guide pin sleeves. These protect the guide pins and ensures the caliper can slide freely.
For vehicles that are due for a brake fluid change as well, 2 liters of fluid will allow for a complete flush.