- Grand Cherokee CRD (WK) w/ 3.0L OM642 (2007-2008)
- E 320 BlueTEC (W211) w/ 3.0L OM642 Engine (2007-2009)
- E 350 BlueTEC (W212) w/ 3.0L OM642 Engine (2011-2013)
- GL 320 CDI (X164) w/ 3.0L OM642.820 Engine (2007-2008)
- GL 320/350 BlueTEC (X164) w/ 3.0L OM642.820 Engine (2009-2012)
- ML 320 CDI (W164) w/ 3.0L OM642.940 Engine (2007-2008)
- ML 320/350 BlueTEC (W164) w/ 3.0L OM642.820 Engine (2009-2011)
- ML 350 BlueTEC (W166) w/ 3.0L OM642.826 Engine (2012-2014)
- R 320 CDI (W251) w/ 3.0L OM642.950 Engine (2007-2008)
- R 320/350 BlueTEC (W251) w/ 3.0L OM642.870 Engine (2009-2012)
- Sprinter Gen2 NCV3 w/ OM642 3.0L V6 (2007-2009)
Garret, along with Borg Warner, are the OE manufacturer for factory VW turbochargers. Garrett turbos deliver significantly better whole-life value than lower-cost non-genuine alternatives when taking into account reliability, performance, fuel efficiency and longevity.
Garrett warranties its turbos for 12 months from date of purchase, regardless of mileage. Warranty claims are handled on a case-by-case basis, where Garrett determines the cause of failure and whether it's a manufacturing, installation, or operating defect.
To file a claim we need:
- Your vehicle's VIN number
- Date and mileage when the turbo was installed
- Date and mileage when the turbo was removed
We forward this information to our Garrett distributor with the turbo. The distributor makes a preliminary inspection: if the cause of failure is obvious they will honor or deny the warranty claim. This usually takes about 5 days from the date they receive the turbo. If the cause of failure is not obvious to them they will forward the turbo to Garrett's R&D facility in Los Angeles for further inspection. That inspection and reporting on findings can take up to six weeks.
If the customer wants a turbo from IDParts to replace the turbo sent in for warranty inspection, s/he must purchase the turbo at our current price. If Garrett honors the warranty claim and agrees to replace the failed turbo, IDParts will refund the purchase price of the replacement turbo. The replacement turbo will not be refunded if the warranty claim is denied.