The high mileage timing belt kit includes extra components and hardware that typically are worn or need replacing, but aren't part of the normal timing belt replacement interval.
This kit has been assembled with OE quality parts by the best manufacturers needed for a replacement of the timing belt in the A5 Jetta TDI with engine code BRM. All components are rated for the VW factory service interval of 80,000 miles.
- OES Timing Belt (your choice Gates or Continental)
- Litens Timing Belt Tensioner
- Timing Belt Idler/Relay Roller
- Serpentine Belt (upgraded Gates "Green Stripe" belt available, or full serpentine kit with belt & tensioner)
- European Water Pump with upgraded metal impeller
You will also receive a timing belt bolt kit that covers all one-time use bolts that must be removed when replacing the timing belt and associated hardware, which now includes a new shouldered lock-nut for the tensioner as well as water pump bolts.
- 2 Mount to Body Bolts, one with top stud
- 3 Mount to Bracket Bolts
- New Tensioner Nut
- New Roller Nut
- 2 Mount Top Small Bolts
- Full Thread Bolt Bracket to Block
- Shouldered Bolt Bracket to Block Long
- Shouldered Bolt Bracket to Block Short
- 2 Water Pump Bolts
As with the standard timing belt kit, all the timing belt components are warrantied for 80,000 miles.
This high mileage kit adds:
- Harmonic Balancer Bolts
- Tensioner and Roller Studs
- Front Crankshaft Seal and Bolt
- Serpentine Belt Tensioner
- Intake Manifold Gasket & Intake Manifold Bolts (for cleaning)
- Thermostat & Thermostat Housing
Other commonly replaced items during services are available as checkboxes below. These include:
- Engine mount bracket (bracket threads strip with multiple timing belt changes, bolts are already included with the kit)
- Camshaft Sprocket
- Alternator pulley (alternator pulleys fail frequently and cause the serpentine belt tensioner to fail. If you've not replaced your pulley for the last 100K this is a good time to do it)
- Oil cooler gaskets (these leak with age)
- G13 Coolant - get a gallon of G13 at a $5 discount when added to this timing belt kit using the option below
Alternator Pulley (+$39.95)
Oil Cooler Gaskets (+$3.09)
Camshaft Sprocket (+$99.95)
Engine Mount Bracket (+$300.30)
Select Vehicle to Check Fitment
- Jetta TDI MkV (A5 chassis) w/ 1.9 BRM Engine (2005-2006)
IDParts Expert Kits are made for the expert DIY'er or professional. Containing all the parts needed to get the job done, these kits are custom assembled by IDParts using the highest quality components from manufacturers around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
We include the spring-seal type tensioner by default because it is easier to install than PTFE type. If you would like the PTFE type please leave us a note in the order comments during checkout and we can make the swap.