Timing belt kit for the 2005-2006 Jetta TDI on the MkV chassis, engine code BRM.
This kit has been assembled with OE quality parts by the best manufacturers needed for a replacement of the timing belt in the A5 Jetta TDI with engine code BRM. All components are rated for the VW factory service interval of 80,000 miles.
- OES Timing Belt (your choice Gates or Continental)
- Litens Timing Belt Tensioner
- Timing Belt Idler/Relay Roller
- Serpentine Belt (upgraded Gates "Green Stripe" belt available, or full serpentine kit with belt & tensioner)
- European Water Pump with upgraded metal impeller
You will also receive a timing belt bolt kit that covers all one-time use bolts that must be removed when replacing the timing belt and associated hardware, which now includes a new shouldered lock-nut for the tensioner as well as water pump bolts.
- 2 Mount to Body Bolts, one with top stud
- 3 Mount to Bracket Bolts
- New Tensioner Nut
- New Roller Nut
- 2 Mount Top Small Bolts
- Full Thread Bolt Bracket to Block
- Shouldered Bolt Bracket to Block Long
- Shouldered Bolt Bracket to Block Short
- 3 Water Pump Bolts
4 Harmonic Balancer Bolts - these bolts are marked as "one time use only" and often round-out when being removed, so we strong recommend adding them to your order.
Tensioner Stud - not necessary to replace if yours is not damaged. Replace if the threads are damaged or stud is bent.
Coolant - get a gallon of coolant at a $5 discount when added to the timing belt kit using the option below.