Refresh and upgrade your A5 Jetta and A6 Golf and Sportwagen TDI with this IDParts exclusive KONI + Spring Kit. This kit comes with your choice of Koni STR.T or Yellow strut and shock set along with a full set of springs of your choosing. All Koni sets come with a lifetime warranty.
Strut & Shock Options:
Koni STR.T - Koni's latest product line, designed as a lower cost upgraded damper. They are low pressure gas dampers, non-adjustable, and are an excellent OE replacement.
Koni Special ACTIVE - Next generation of premium shock absorbers that offer superior handling without compromise. It is the latest advancement in the KONI product portfolio. Utilizing the most recent generation of KONI’s patented Frequency Selective Damping technology, it controls large body motions and cornering forces but smooths expansion joints and rough roads for improved comfort.
Koni Yellow(Sport) - Low pressure gas and twin tube hydraulic damper. They are the best performing shock and handling damper set by Koni. Unlike most other Koni dampers, the front struts are externally adjustable when installed and the rears can be adjusted for rebound damping before installation.
Choose your model configuration below. Configurations include:
- Traditional Configurations - for Golf, Jetta Sedan, New Beetle, and Sportwagen options include OE rate springs and your choice of Koni Strut and Shocks.
- HD Configurations - Sportwagen owners can select an HD option that combines Sportwagen rear towing springs with Tiguan front springs, resulting in a 1.5 inch front lift and a 2+ inch rear lift (when unloaded).
- Front and rear mounts are often worn out and should be replaced whenever refreshing the suspension. (Available as an option below)
- Bump stops protect the shock from damage during large impacts like potholes. If they are in good condition they can be re-used, but they should be replaced if cracked or degraded
- The rear shock mount option includes new mounts, new bump stops and new shock boot dust covers.
- Installation bolt kit includes all the major hardware that secures the suspension to the vehicle. It is recommended to replace whenever removed, but certainly replace if corroded/rusty.