We've put together the best OE replacement and upgrade brake products available into a set for the rear of your MkIV Golf TDI, Jetta TDI, or New Beetle TDI.
One set will replace pads and rotors on both rear wheels.
There are two rotor options available:
- Fremax High Carbon - the default rotors on this kit are our highest recommended rotor too. The high carbon formula resists warping and dissipates heat much more quickly than traditional rotors. Painted on the non-contact surfaces
- Zimmermann Z-Coat - Z-Coat plating over the entire rotor, Zimmermann rotors have always been at the top of the aftermarket
By default, this kit comes with Halten Ceramic pads. The other full set of brake pad options include:
- Halten Ceramic - new generation ceramic material lasts up to 3x longer and doesn’t dust up wheels.
- Jurid - Jurid was the OE supplier to VW on this model. This is a quiet, low-metallic, low dust pad.
- Akebono - designed & formulated to address the needs of European car owners: optimal performance, cleanliness & rotor compatibility. Includes new carrier clips.
For vehicles that are due for a brake fluid change as well, 2 liters of fluid will allow for a complete flush.
Please be aware that MkIV Jetta/Golf/New Beetle rear calipers must be "reset" when pushing the piston back into the caliper. Using a proper Rear Brake Tool is vital to this reset, otherwise the caliper and parking brake will be ruined.