We've put together the best OE replacement and upgrade brake products available into a set for the rear of your MkIV Golf TDI, Jetta TDI, or New Beetle TDI.
One set will replace pads and rotors on both rear wheels.
There are three rotor options available:
- Fremax High Carbon - the default rotors on this kit are our highest recommended rotor too. The high carbon formula resists warping and dissipates heat much more quickly than traditional rotors. Painted on the non-contact surfaces
- Zimmermann Z-Coat - Z-Coat plating over the entire rotor, Zimmermann rotors have always been at the top of the aftermarket
By default, this kit comes with IDParts OE-Spec pads, but new style ceramic pads are also available, among others. The full set of brake pad options include:
- IDParts OE-Spec - made to match the performance and longevity of the OE factory pads.
- IDParts Ceramic - new generation ceramic material lasts up to 3x longer and doesn’t dust up wheels. Includes new carrier clips.
- TRW - OEM on many VW models, traditional factory style material mimics factory pads perfectly.
- IDParts Performance - increased friction compared to the OE and ceramic pads, especially responsive on tip in. Includes new carrier clips.
For vehicles that are due for a brake fluid change as well, 2 liters of fluid will allow for a complete flush.
Please be aware that MkIV Jetta/Golf/New Beetle rear calipers must be "reset" when pushing the piston back into the caliper. Using a proper Rear Brake Tool is vital to this reset, otherwise the caliper and parking brake will be ruined.
Caliper-Carrier Bolts (+$5.95)
New Rotor Screws (2) (+$2.00)
Carrier Clips (+$29.95)
Select Vehicle to Check Fitment
- Golf TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1999-2003)
- Golf TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ BEW Engine (2004-2006)
- Jetta TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1999-2003)
- Jetta TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ BEW Engine (2004-2005)
- Jetta Wagon TDI (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (2002-2003)
- Jetta Wagon TDI (A4 chassis) w/ BEW Engine (2004-2006)
- New Beetle TDI (A4 chassis) w/ ALH Engine (1998-2003)
- New Beetle TDI (A4 chassis) w/ BEW Engine (2004-2006)
If you want something done right, do it yourself. This is the attitude we take to our own products. IDParts.com branded items have been designed and manufactured to our specific requirements, focusing on quality and reliability.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
The A4 does not require a triple square for the brake job.