20k Service kit for the ML, GL and R-Class diesel with the 3.0L V6 diesel engine, code OM642. For both both 'CDI' and BlueTEC models.
This kit includes all items to complete the factory scheduled 20,000 mile service (to be completed every 20,000 miles). This kit contains:
- 9 Quarts of 229.51 approved oil
- Oil Filter
- Pollen Filter
- Fuel Filter - select type below
- Oil Drain Plug Seal
The default components in this kit are recommended by IDParts. However, we also offer a selection of Mercedes 229.51 approved oils:
- Rowe Hightec Synt RS DLS 5w30- Rowe HC synthesis technology-based, premium, multi-grade, low-viscosity engine oil. Made in Germany.
- Total INEO MC3 5w30 - recently reformulated and approved for the latest European diesel requirements, including 229.51 & 229.52
- OEM Mercedes-Benz fully-synthetic 5w30 oil
- Pentosin HP2 5w40 - higher viscosity than most other 229.51 oils.
- Liqui Moly Top Tec 4200 5w30 - made in Germany
- Mobil 1 ESP X1 0w30 - The new OEM Mercedes dealer oil, approved for 229.51 & 229.52. Mercedes uses this oil in both Gasoline & Diesel engines, and we wonder if it is the best choice for protecting diesel internals.
All filters in this kit are manufactured by MANN-FILTER, an OE supplier to Mercedes for OE and factory filters. This ensures fit and quality is OEM standard.
Fuel Filter Options
There are three different style fuel filters that may be in your vehicle. The only way to tell which style you need is to physically look at the one in your car. You must check your vehicle to see which style you need See the image to the right.
The "01" style filter (has -01- in the part number) and features fuel lines that are offset on one side of the fuel filter, pointing at slightly different angles. There is also a centered Water-In-Fuel sensor element.
The "03" style fuel filter and features two fuel lines that are pointing in the same direction, parallel to each other. They are on opposite sides of the fuel filter, separated by a round heating element in the center.
New 5-Pin Plug Style - in 2012 Mercedes starting using a fuel filter that has a 5-pin plug on top of the filter. The 5-pin plug is for both a fuel heater and water sensor. This plug is built into the feature and cannot be removed.
IDParts is not responsible if you choose the incorrect filter. Please call us with any questions, we are happy to walk you through determining your fuel filter type.
Fuel Filter Hose Clamps
Mercedes uses pinch clamps at the factory, which are supposed to be replaced each time. We offer new OEM replacement clamps via the checkbox below.
Some 2007 "CDI" models may require an extra liter/quart of oil, so we recommend purchasing an extra bottle for 2007 model year CDIs.