Volkswagen's oil pans are made of a paper-thin cast aluminum that is easily cracked by many objects such as road debris, manhole covers and speed bumps. While your car may be at stock height, there is only approximately 4 inches of ground clearance with your oil pan. If you are lowered from stock height, there is very little room for error when negotiating an object in your path. Here is some information on this Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate for those of you that haven't seen it before.
• The plate is 5052 grade aluminum and is 4.8mm (.191 inches) thick.
• No drilling or welding to the frame required.
• This Skid Plate mounts to existing holes on the frame of the car.
• Easy install, only takes approx. 15 minutes to 1/2 hour.
• Weighs only 13 lbs. (13.5 lbs. with hardware).
• Full coverage protection for your oil pan, keeps out gravel, water and debris from getting into the underside of your vehicles engine compartment.
• Comes with mounting hardware, which requires no special tools.
• Bolts to your frame with four plated 10mm bolts.
• 98% Hex oil hole cut out for TDI so you can finish the cut yourself & bolt on our Hex oil cover.
• Skid Plate and Hardware shipped in separate boxes. No other attachments need to be purchased.
• A detailed easy to follow, step by step guide is only located on our website and not included in the kit. The Install Guide for your kit is: Odin Install Guide
• Draft/Design by: Evolution Import Inc.
• CNC Machine Manufactured.
This item will incur a $20 oversized shipping fee for all orders under $500.