Volkswagen's oil pans are made of a paper-thin cast aluminum that is easily cracked by many objects such as road debris, manhole covers and speed bumps. While your car may be at stock height, there is only approximately 4 inches of ground clearance with your oil pan. If you are lowered from stock height, there is very little room for error when negotiating an object in your path. Here is some information on this Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate for those of you that haven't seen it before.
• 4.25 inch hexagon oil drain access hole with removable cover. (Only works with the TDI diesel engines)
• The plate is 5052 grade aluminum and is 4.8mm (.191 inches) thick.
• Two Strengthing Ribs have been pressed into the plate thus doubling the strength of the skid plate.
• Protects your cars oil pan, a/c pump, radiator, transmission and plastic side skirts.
• Bolts to the frame with 6 steel rivet-nuts.
• Never rusts.
• Weighs 16.8 pounds (21.6 including hardware).
• Maximum amount of ground clearance possible provided.
• One hour install.
• The most user friendly rivet-nut installation tool comes with every kit.
• Easy one minute modification to your plastic engine side skirts.
• Our kit comes with two 10 gauge steel powder coated front mounting brackets.
• The skid plate also acts as a stress bar at the rear for improved handling.
• A detailed easy to follow, step by step guide available below.
• Comes with two insulating washers to act as a barrier preventing electrolysis.
• Skid Plate and Hardware shipped in separate boxes. No other attachments need to be purchased.
• Draft/Design by: Evolution Import Inc.
• CNC Machine Manufactured.
Oil Changes: We make it easy for you. If you access your oil filter from the top side of your engine then we recommend that you get this skid plate with the Hexagon oil drain hole. This way you don't have to take the skid plate off at every oil change interval. If you access your oil filter from the bottom side of the engine then we recommend that you get our skid plate that doesn't have the Hexagon oil drain hole. This skid plate works best with the TDI diesel engines. If you have a gas engine you should order the Atlas skid plate that does not have the oil drain hole.
This item will incur a $20 oversized shipping fee for all orders under $500.